Thursday, September 15, 2011

I just haven't met you yet

And I know that we can be so amazing
And, baby, your love is gonna change me
And now I can see every single possibility

Promise you, kid, I'll give so much more than I get,
I just haven't met you yet

I just keep singing this song in my head over and over again.

I had my 12 week appointment today and heard my baby's heartbeat... 160 bpm. I think I fell in love today! It's seemed so unreal for the most part until today, it just clicked!

My appointment was less than thrilling for 90% of the time I spent there. I waited in the room for about a half hour reading Us Magazine. Thank God they had magazines in the room. The doctor came in and asked if I had questions then felt my belly and said, "Yep! That's a baby." Then he took out his heart listening thing (technical term) and started to listen. I looked at him for cues that was I was listening to was, indeed, a heartbeat. He just looked at me with a straight face. I tried prompting him to tell me what I was hearing by giving him a big smile and he FINALLY said, "That's your baby! 160 beats a minute. I'm guessing girl, but I'm wrong 50% of the time." Good odds. ha!

I left the office and called Derek to tell him about our little Gunther, as he has lovingly named the baby for the pregnancy. When I hung up, I changed the stations on the radio and heard the Michael Buble song I quoted earlier. I was thinking, "I love how fun this song is!" Then, about 20 seconds later, I was crying in the car thinking about how the song was for my baby! I love him/her already, I just haven't met the little one yet! If anyone saw me, they probably would have thought I was crazy, singing, laughing and crying in the car. Oh well! I'm in love.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I never realized that song could be about an unborn child, but it makes sense. Pregnancy is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete