Friday, December 23, 2011

a head in the shower

I forgot to write about my first and really only HUGE emotional breakdown of pregnancy. It's quite hilarious when I look back on it. 

A few weeks ago, I was taking a shower. I was washing my hair and my eyes were closed because I was rinsing shampoo. Well I opened my eyes to see a HEAD in the shower with me! Derek snuck into the bathroom and poked his head in the shower, pulling the shower curtain tight around his neck and making a weird face at me. I gasped and he was about to laugh when....

I immediately started SOBBING. I'm talking hyperventilating, tears streaming down my face, coughing, and in between breaths and realization that I was being overdramatic, I would laugh. I literally could not stop sobbing for the rest of my shower. It was like when a little kid cries and for 10 minutes after, they have that sad breathing thing where you think they're done and then they have this hard breath/cry sound that comes out. 

I guess my weirdest fear was realized that day. I remember when I was little, I had a dream, or my brother tried to scare me, or something that someone was standing in between the shower liner and outside shower curtain. I forgot about that until that day. 

Moral of the story: Don't scare your pregnant wife in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment