Sunday, November 20, 2011

6 places


I just realized I never completed the "10 days of you" blogging from way back in August. I ended with 7 wants, and now I have to do 6 places. So I'll continue! I'm not sure exactly what this one means, so I'm going to make it my own. 

Places I want to go back to: 

6.  My wedding. I would love to go back to that place. It was honestly the funnest day of my life. Here is a video example of the fun. I don't know how to post just the video up since it's not mine, it's my cousin's. (I have to explain that the tradition in my family is that the men roll up their pant legs during shout. You look like a fool if you don't roll your pant legs up. I love my family.)
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=736618259165 

5. Mine and Derek's first date. I just want to be a fly on the wall and feel like I felt on that day. I don't want to go back and stay there, because I love where we are now, but I'd love to see us then. It's hard to believe that was 7 years ago! ...this picture is our 1 year anniversary of dating.

4. My house where I grew up. I don't just mean visiting the house because it's only 5 minutes from where I live, but I'd love to go back and live a day in the life of me as a 7 year old on Lucy Street with the crew of kids my brother and I hung out with. We had the best street, there were so many kids and we were always outside playing. It was awesome!

Places I've Been. 

3. San Diego. I would love to go here once a month if I could! I've been there twice now. Once for our honeymoon and once this past summer for a vacation with friends. It's so beautiful and just means relaxation to me. Palm trees equal vacation. I don't know that I'd want to live there, because where can you vacation that it looks different from where you live? (Of course you could vacation in the northeast, but who wants to vacation in the snow?) Maybe we will retire there someday. 

2. Aunt Carol's condo in Florida. The warm pavement of the driveway under our fresh, non-calloused feet that are used to cold winter and socks, oh it's calling to me. We did 2 family spring breaks there, it was in Fort Meyers, right by the beach. I had one great spring break with Mandy and my family there. Driving there was so fun because we would watch the temperature rise from the 20s to the 80s. Driving home was awful because it went from the 80s to the 20s, but the fun part was making fun of Ohio (of course that meant we had to drive through Ohio and we hated that!). Derek also went there with us for Senior year spring break in high school. 

A Place I Can't Wait to Go. 

1. My baby's birth. I can't wait for the excitement and fear that place will hold. I want to know where I'll go into labor and who will be in the waiting room while we wait for our precious arrival. I can't wait to see Derek's face when he meets his son or daughter. I can't wait to see my dad holding my baby. I can't wait to see my mom fall in love with another grandchild. I can't wait to see Derek's parents lay their eyes on their first grandchild. I can't wait to be in that place when my brother becomes an uncle and my sister-in-law becomes an aunt. Most of all, I can't wait to be in the place where I'm first a mommy. That place. That will be the best place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment