Sunday, November 6, 2011

getting fatter and fatter everyday

Derek and I registered today and, wow, did it make everything seem so much more real. These things are for a baby that we are going to keep forever... and we made it! And it's growing in me! 

I can't wait to be a mommy. Only 140+ days until my nightly belly time on the floor feeling my bump will become time holding my little one in my arms. :o) 

I have to put some memories down so I don't forget them. 

These are quotes from my students who will be making me laugh everyday until this baby comes. They are all bilingual, and for some reason much more immature and naive than the monolingual students in the rest of the school: 

Mohammed: "Mrs. Shupe, you're getting fatter and fatter everyday!" 
Gamelah: "Oh my gosh! Tell her no offense!" 
Mohammed: "Oh, no offense!" 
...LOL 

When I wore my skeleton shirt with a baby skeleton on it shown below: 
Student: (I can't remember who, dangit!)"Umm, Mrs. Shupe, I thought someone told me that the baby has that string going to it's belly so it doesn't choke on the food you eat. How come your baby (the one on my shirt) doesn't have one of those strings?" 
Me: "Well, it's a just a shirt. This isn't my real baby." 
Student: "ohhhh." 
...hilarious comment, not to mention the fact that the baby has a string so it doesn't choke on my food. I'll have to address that someday! 


Once again, a quote about the shirt. As I walked by a fellow teacher's class, she says, "Hey everyone, look at Mrs. Shupe's Halloween shirt!" 
Her student: "Ummm, I know! You ate a dog!!?" 

Sumieh: "I'm not trying to say you're getting fat, because you're supposed to get fat right? But the baby is making you fatter. Like your belly is getting fatter all the time. But it's the baby, so I'm not calling you fat. It's good that you're getting a big belly, right?" 
Me: "Yes, Sumieh, the baby keeps growing in my belly and it's going to get even bigger!" 
...this one always talks WAY too much for one sentence haha. 

I couldn't have any other job that would make me happy both professionally and emotionally. 



2 comments:

  1. That shirt....ROCKS!!! Look she ate a dog!!! hahahahahah that is so funny! Hope you are feeling amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I'm feeling great, thank God!!

    ReplyDelete