Monday, January 16, 2012

mostly... i can't wait

I'm now 29 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I'm starting to feel selfish! 

I very selfishly want....
My old body back. I feel like I my front half doesn't even belong to me. It feels like when you get a cavity filled and your cheek is numb and when you bite on it, it feels like it's not even yours. When I feel my belly, I know it's mine, but I forget. 
A drink. I would love to have a few glasses of wine. Or a beer. Or a mixed drink. Or a shot. I've never been a huge drinker. I would drink maybe one or two times a month before being pregnant, but I just can't wait to have a drink. 
I want to sleep on my back. I had no idea this was a thing before the baby started living in me. You're not supposed to sleep on your back because of a nerve that could be pressed on and limit oxygen supply. Dang. I love sleeping on my back! 
To sleep ALL NIGHT without having to pee. Sure, once the baby is here, it's not like I'm going to be sleeping through a whole night, but having to pee 2-3 times a night is really getting old. 
A drink. Oh... I already said that.

I don't want... (the baby to come out lol)
To stop feeling the baby kick me. I love laying on the couch at night and feeling this little one kick me or roll around. I love when I'm at work and I get a reminder that I'm not alone in front of my students. I love knowing that the baby is in me and safe. 
To have to share the baby with anybody. I love that the baby is all mine right now. I already love him/her SO MUCH. I know when he/she comes out, everyone else that loves him/her will want to cuddle and love and hold and kiss this little baby. I can't wait to see the love everyone has for him/her, but I want to hold him/her forever. I know that'll change and I will be waiting for someone to come watch the baby while I sit down for a minute, but I can't fathom that at the moment. 

I can't wait... 
To see this baby! What color hair does he/she have? Does he/she have hair?! Whose nose will he/she have?  I want to hold the baby and give him/her kisses. I've been feeling a bum sticking out of my belly's side for so long now, I bet it's cute and I want to see it. 
For Derek to hold his baby. I know, I know, I said I wanted to hold him/her forever and not share, but I can't wait to see Derek be a daddy. I wonder what he's going to do when he's finally holding him/her. I can't wait to hold that memory as a picture in my mind forever. When Derek becomes a daddy. :o)
To know if he or she is a he or she! What is in me?!!! I think it's a boy, but it could be a girl. It really has to be one of the two LOL but it seems like it could be anything in there. 

I know I want the baby to be here soon, but... I want him/her to stay in there until it's time and he/she is really ready and done cooking. I really want the rest of this pregnancy to go as it has so far. I haven't had complications, the baby has been perfect, and I've been happy and healthy. I thank God for giving me such a healthy pregnancy and with two months left, I don't want that to change. 


2 comments:

  1. HAHAH I ditto all of your "selfish" wants even though they are totally not selfish at all haha! They are honest mama!:) You are getting super close!!! I cannot wait to see if its a girl or boy!!!:) eeeeek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait either! Yiiikes! 9 more weeks!

    ReplyDelete