Monday, January 23, 2012

So that's a contraction!?

I had my 30 week appointment today. I'm actually closer to 31 weeks than 30, but somehow my appointments got a week off. 

Well, the Dr called me and Gunther* boring again. :-) I love being boring at this point.

When he went to take my measurements and listen to Gunther's heartbeat, he felt my belly and said, "Oh, you're having a contraction right now. That's ok, but if they continue for more than 2 hours, then you need to call in or go up to L & D." All I could think was, I didn't even know I was having a contraction. I couldn't feel anything! I don't think he really noticed that I said I couldn't feel it since he didn't mention anything about that. 

Well, after that, he measured my belly and it's 31 cm, which is right on and the Gunther's heartbeat was 131-144 this time, which is WAY slower than it's ever been. It's usually in the 150s. He said he thinks it's a boy, which I've always thought. :-) I can't wait to share our real names with the world! Either way, I love the name this baby will have. 

Here's me today, 30 weeks 5 days. 

These two are from 29 weeks. I guess I need to learn to remember to get pictures taken when Derek is home so I don't have to do it myself.... same background each time. This is our only mirror! 



*Gunther is what we've been calling the baby because we feel bad to say "it." Derek came up with a whole bunch of different, random names at the beginning of pregnancy and Gunther stuck. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are getting close. I'm going say you are having a girl :P like me, lol
    I'm "boring" too and love it. Funny you didn't feel the contraction. This is number 3 for me and I'm not sure I really know what a Braxton Hick is, haha.
    Funny how close we are! I'm 29weeks. eek getting close! you stoked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I am SO excited! I can't even handle thinking about how long these 9 weeks are going to be.

    I didn't realize how close we were either! It's funny... at the beginning of being pregnant, lots of people were saying girl, now more people, even my girl students, are saying boy. Who knows?! I can't wait to find out. :o)

    ReplyDelete