Monday, August 1, 2011

2 years ago

August 1, 2009
 I love Derek's face in that one.




 Where he proposed.






Seriously... the funnest night of my life!

I know everyone says this about their wedding, but this was the funnest wedding I've ever been to! I wish I could relive it! And I must admit, I'm not the only one who thinks this about our wedding... our friends are always commenting about how we need to recreate that day.


Two years have flown by! I couldn't imagine my life any other way.  It's amazing to think we've been together for seven years now!

Seven years ago today, Derek and I went to the movies and out for dessert where I ordered a "Thrice of Thrawberry pie." I was mortified that I said that. I knew he was a keeper when he immediately made fun of me rather than pretending he didn't notice my mistake.

He was the first person I held hands with in public, and *gasps* he was taller than me! That never happened before him. Not going to lie- the height thing really got me interested. ;o)

Five years after that first date on our anniversary, we went to the park where he asked me to be his girlfriend back in high school. We always went there on our anniversary. As we were walking, I noticed him crouch down and I thought he was going to throw something at me because I saw something in his hand. So, I turned around and screamed. But as it turns out, he had a ring in his hand and asked me to be his wife.

And the rest is history. I wouldn't rewrite a moment of it. And just think of what's to come!

7 comments:

  1. ok, first of all. GORGEOUS pics. OMG, your dress, everything. Simply stunning wedding!!
    I loved your Thrice of pie!! I literally LOLed haha. Great story!!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! (DUH)
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks cat!! I still LOL when I think about the thrice. He still hasn't let me live it down either haha. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! That looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, and (belated I know) happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete