Saturday, August 6, 2011

eight fears

Today is supposed to be "Nine Loves" but since I just posted this  a few days ago, I'm going to go on to eight.

Eight fears.

8. I'm not afraid to admit I'm completely afraid of the dark. When I have to go to the bathroom at night, I turn on the little lamp by the bed. If I ever sleepily forget to turn the lamp on, on my way back, I jump onto the bed practically from the bedroom doorway so no killers will grab my ankles as I get into bed. Of course, this would only happen at night.

7. Anything with more than 2 legs.... err actually, anything with more than 4 legs? Or wings. Spiders, centipedes, bees, etc. If it's not supposed to be on my ceiling, in my house, or in my shower, I don't like it! Thank God for my husband and vacuum cleaners! If he's not home, it will usually get sucked into the vacuum where I imagine it dies from fear.

6. Creepy basements. I remember in music class at about 7 years old, my music teacher asked, "What are some reasons we have music?" I promptly raised my hand and said, "To comfort us when we're scared." This is my first realization of embarrassment. My mom had always told me to sing or hum to myself when I was scared, which I would always do when I would go into our basement. Well, the music teacher's mother obviously never told her this method because she looked at me like a weirdo and said something like, "Ummm, ok, any others?" Mortified.

5. Public Speaking. I'd rather..... hmm. I'd just rather not. It's probably the worst fealing in the entire world. I get shakey in voice and body. No matter how much I try to talk myself out of it.

4. Natural waters. You never know what is under there! Sea weed may or may not wrap around your ankles and pull you down. Or a dead person may or may not grab your ankle and pull you down. (Yep. Just realized I must have some kind of ankle grabbing issue.)

3. I'm going to get arrested. Every time I see a cop anywhere, I'm 99% positive they are going to arrest me. I'm not sure what I did, but I feel like I hold my breath every time I see a cop.

2. Everyone around me is going to die in some sort of crazy accident. Yeah, I'm getting deep now. I have this fear every time I hear an ambulance that it's going to get someone I love and something is severely wrong with them. If I don't hear from Derek while he's at work for a while, I immediately think the worst. I think I need therapy.

1. I'll get back to you. I can't think of another. I must have another fear but maybe I'm afraid to admit it? ...lol

3 comments:

  1. These are great! And it's nice get a lil peek into the woman behind the blog!
    I hope you wear ugly socks...try to deter any ankle grabbers :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, I am cracking up over natural waters...I HATE THE OCEAN...I need to be able to see what is near me, or else i'm out! haaha! Also I just read your comment about pine-terest or pinterest! HAHAHAHAHAH love it! Are you on pinterest!??! If so let's follow eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat- I thought I wrote back, but apparently my comment didn't make it somehow. LOL @ the ugly socks!

    Allie- I'm on pinterest I think, but I did something wrong because my home page is totally blank and I don't know how to look at anything. I got nervous and stopped playing with it. I would love to follow each other. Maybe that will help my fear of that blank page!

    ReplyDelete