Monday, August 22, 2011

it's official...we're a family of 3 plus a dog!

It's official!


We've got a little derby car in the oven. I swear that's what it looks like... a bird's eye view of a derby car. haha
 I'm officially 8 weeks 6 days today. Due date is March 28, 2012. That is 9 days after my birthday and 6 days after Derek's birthday. March = birthday month for us!


On June 16th, I woke up and took a test and there was a super, duper light, barely there second line. I was super excited because it was there and I knew that meant positive! So I got back in bed and didn't wake Derek up because I had a plan for when he woke up. I was going to tell him in a very casual way, "We really need to get that gate fixed so it's by the side door so we don't have to let Soco out the baby's bedroom door." There I sat, waiting for Derek to wake up, very patiently, and ready to catch him off guard when he woke up.

He woke up soon after, and immediately says, "Did you take a test?"

UGH! He totally ruined my way of telling him! haha. I just smiled really big and said, "Maaaybe," and we giggled together and I showed him the test. It was a little scary because it was so very faint, but....


I decided to go a little overboard and take lots of tests! I had just bought a 25 pack and figured, "Why not!?" So almost every morning after that I took a test and the pretty little line got darker and darker. Good job baby!

We've told some people so far. My 2 month old niece was the first one we told while we were babysitting her. Then we told my brother and sister in law:  (1,2,3.. say "Emily's pregnant!)


About a week later we told our parents:
 (I love mom's face! haha!)

Then we told Derek's grandma and started telling our friends. It's starting to feel more real! We were a a little less planned out with everyone else, but it was super fun to capture our families reactions with the pictures.

Our lives are about to change and we're so excited about it!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! So exciting! Congratulations. I don't know you, but I had a feeling you might be pregnant from your previous blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :-) Yay! You're a month ahead of me, so I'll keep an eye on your blog to see what I can expect, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! How exciting for you two and your dog lol! We are only a few weeks apart, I am due 3/13! YAY!! Congrats to you and your husband! I am so excited for you two and this amazing journey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! YAY!!! I have been SO anxious for this post!!! I'm so happy for you!! Maybe you'll end up like me (who currently has a THIRD derby car in the oven, hahah totally accurate discription btw)
    Congrats and I just know you will make an incredible mommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun Allie! So close! And thanks both of you! I'm sure in a few years I'll have another derby car cooking :-)

    ReplyDelete