Thursday, February 2, 2012

self evaluation

I got my first stretch marks and I was devastated. I thought I might be one of those freakish people who didn't get them since I went about 31 weeks without any. Then they showed up! Let me tell you, I was real ticked when I saw them. Derek just said, "It's fine." and that didn't help one bit because I did not feel fine. I felt icky. :o( 


Today I went on a mommy website and someone posted this: 


The Beauty Love Left Behind.
 A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it.

As I read it, I realized my hand was resting on my belly, just like it says above, and how much I already love this little one and if growing in my belly means that I'll have a memory of it forever, well, I guess that's just the living scrapbook I will bring with me. I love this baby too much to be upset forever about it. And who knows, maybe they'll go away. 

I won't say I'm not going to be upset about these marks ever again, but it does help. I thought I'd share with any soon to be mommies going through the same thing. :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment