Friday, March 9, 2012

Now I know...

Well... I was so excited to find out if I was dilated at all at my appointment on Thursday. I got there, the nurse took my blood pressure, told me to pee in the cup and said the doctor would be with me shortly. I was surprised she didn't bring me a gown or anything, but thought she was the nurse, she knows better than me! 

A few minutes later, the doctor comes in and says, loud and proud, "Oh! Looks like we aren't checking you. I always know if someone wants to be checked when I come in and they have pants on still. Since you do, I guess you don't want to be checked!" Then he talked a mile a minute about all kinds of other stuff and I never got the chance to say that I wanted to be checked. Insert super bummed look here. 

Anyway, he did say that next week for sure I will be checked out, so I suppose I'll just be patient. I had a crew of disappointed coworkers this morning, though, who were eager to find out if I was progressing at all. LOL I love them. 

I am really happy to say that I haven't gained any more weight in about 2 weeks. I thought that was a little weird, but I looked it up on Dr. Google and found that at the end, you might stop gaining all together. The belly sure is getting bigger though. Weird! Gunther must just be eating all my fat. I'm officially 2 lbs over the high point of my goal as of now, but either way, I'm proud of how I ate throughout pregnancy. I think I only had fast food twice the entire nine months. I don't usually eat it, but I wondered if I would more as a pregnant person. 

**  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **

On another note, I told my students today that I could actually have this baby any time. They keep updating me on how many days are left until the baby comes. I realized today that they might surprised if I don't come to school one day because I had the baby early. They were really shocked and I had to explain that babies don't always come right on time. They were also in shock that I will be gone for weeks and not days. I felt bad, but I know they'll be in good hands while I'm gone. 

I have to take a picture of the poster they started with baby names and boy/girl guesses. They're hilarious. They know we have names picked out and are so impatient and wanting to know what it is. :o) I want to know, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment