Saturday, March 24, 2012

Only 1 week left?! I hope!

My due date is officially 5 days away, counting today. I totally thought I'd already have this baby by now. Gunther is waiting until he/she feels ready, I guess! 



Here's what's happening...

At my dr appointment, the dr excitedly announced that I had changed from last week! I was now 1-2 cm. Uhh... that's what I was last week! Needless to say, I was disappointed. I thought for sure I would be more. I guess walking is number 1 on my agenda for the week! 

But he also did an estimate of how big the baby is. He said 7 lbs 9 ounces. That sounds good to me! However, if Gunther stays in any longer, he/she will just get bigger, so I'm perfectly fine with labor starting any moment now! 

We are officially ready, now. For a long time, we could not decide between two boy names. We have our girl name locked down, but we really liked these two boy names and thought we'd wait until we see that cute face to decide.... then we realized it probably won't be that easy since most babies look the same as each other. LOL So we looked up info on both names- meanings, popularity, how people felt about their name that were named the choices we had, we even tried yelling the names like he/she did something wrong haha! ....well we did it! We are ready for a boy or girl to come into this world and have a name. 

********  *********  ********  ********

We've now come to birthday week's end. My birthday was Monday, my mom's was Tuesday, and Derek's was Thursday. We had hopes for a March 21 baby so we could link all those birthdays together, but that didn't happen. This little one will have his/her own birthday week, now! 

2 comments:

  1. Your baby belly is the cutest! Your looking and sounding very good for this late in the game. It will be here before you know it soon to be mama! I chose Nathan's name the same way, yelling "Nathan Walter! Get your butt down here immediately!!!" It works right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! And the yelling the name totally works haha!

    ReplyDelete