Friday, June 24, 2011

California... knows how to party.

(Yes, I dedicate my title to Tu Pac, I would put a link to the song on here, but I'm not that tech savvy, so use your imagination.)

Well, it's official. I'm jet lagged. D and I slept in until 10:30 today and the only reason we woke up is because my mom called. We usually wake up around 9:00 when we get to sleep in.

We got back from Cali on Wednesday night, or should I say Thursday morning? Our flight landed at 11:58 on Wednesday and we got dropped off at our house by my awesome dad and went straight to pick up the dog from my in-laws. When hubs and I walked in, there was very much excitement for 1:00 in the morning. I have never seen a butt wiggle more furiously! The dog was pretty excited, too. ha.

I digress. Our trip was fantastic! As you can see from hub's face when we first arrived: (lol)


 At least the back seat was excited!

D obviously didn't want his hair/face to get too tan. Plus, he looked pretty fashionable with his shirt on his head, right?





Obviously, everyone in this picture didn't get the "act like you're laughing" memo. (Yeah, and I'm not the best actress.)


The height difference is hardly noticable....

You might be thinking, why is he wearing so many clothes at the beach? Well, when you forget to put sunscreen on ALL PARTS of your torso, you will get sunburnt in the places you forgot. Therefore, a shirt was neccessary!






We planned to take a picture of each of our meals, but we forgot and only took pictures of this one... halfway through eating.
Yum. Spinach and ricotta ravioli.


The San Diego Zoo. Sadly, I took a lot of pictures on my phone. I need to take the time to send those pictures to my computer so I can post them.
 

As a baby hippo, being next to your mama comes at a cost. His face was so smushed up against the window!

Gosh, do I miss the palm trees!


 

And we're back in Michigan. It's raining. There are no mountains or palm trees when we look outside our window. Hubs would move there in a second, but not me. Nope. Yes, I loved the scenery, the weather, the amount of things there were to do. Sure, I hate the winter here, I despise putting my winter jacket on and would rather wear flip flops year round than have to tie my own shoes for 6 months out of the year. But unless we find a way to move each and every friend and family member with us, I'm staying in this multi-weathered state.

Besides, where else can you point to your hand to show someone where you live?

2 comments: