Saturday, June 4, 2011

a lot of fun

Well I have been posting about the newest addition to my extended family, but I failed to post about our memorial weekend. I had to make everyone uncomfortable with my new hobby of taking photos.

We had a surprise BBQ and game day in our backyard. I had finished cleaning up around the house and D says, "The guys are coming over in a minute." We had no food in our house, no drinks, nothing. So, we improvised.



We brought out the washers, and guess who got a ringer!? Me! Guess who forgot to take a picture to document this momentous/rare occasion. Me.

Some people showed their enthusiasm for the events of the day like they normally do.


We took in a collection and bought food to grill on our grill we got as a gift last summer but hadn't ever used. And our chef was the one who ran to the store, so us regular folks were there to figure it out.

Success!

There is always one way to find out if you had a successful impromtu gathering....



It was a fun night and we all were sad when we realized it was the last day of vacation and work was waiting for us in the morning.

At least someone got some rest that night.



 

2 comments:

  1. It was a lot of fun. I've decided this month, I'm going to try to forget about trying! I'm doing my best to focus on all the other stuff around us.

    ReplyDelete