Saturday, May 7, 2011

A day of pampering

This is a tradition I've been in on since Hubby and I got married. His mother, grandma, aunt and two girl cousins go out for mani/pedis and ice cream to celebrate mother's day.

At first, his cousin and I were both "not mothers" together, and the rest of the ladies were. Now, however, I am the only non-mother of the group. Last year, I sat awkwardly as the ladies read and exchanged their mother's day cards to one another. I didn't even bring any cards last year because I see Mom-in-law and grandma on Mother's Day. I felt so stupid! This year, mom-in-law called me and said that no one will be exchanging cards this year, only hugs. I'm thankful for that, but I hope it's not because I'm the odd one out.

Hopefully next year I will be able to be in on it, though! 


Speaking of, hubs was so cute last night. We were goofing around in the kitchen and he rubbed my belly and asked, "Do you think there's a little baby in there?" It kind of stinks to know that there is nothing "real" happening in there for a while, so it's not like I could actually be pregnant at this time. He doesn't really know all that stuff.

But I can tell he's just as excited as I am which makes me smile like crazy. He will be a good daddy.

The only thing that worries me is his stupid, stupid job. Many days he doesn't get home until 7 or 8 pm and I already worry about how a baby would be asleep by then and he wouldn't see him/her. It's hard to think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment