Sunday, May 1, 2011

Where we started

After long, hard consideration, my hubby and I have decided we will start to try for a baby. Of course, as an over thinker, I had to start researching. It all started with

which had so much I wanted to know. It had information about nutrition before starting to try, calendars and calculators. Then I joined the group on this website so I could talk to others that are in the same situation and I could ask all my billions of questions with the anonymity would save me from embarassment and from anyone I know knowing that we are trying. Basically, the hubs and I want it to be our secret. No one needs to know and we don't need to hear the whole, "So, are you pregnant yet?"

I also have to thank all the lovlies on  who listened to even more of my "what should I do's" as hubby and I really decided if we would start this journey at this point.
I think these boards also saved my hubby from me constantly asking him, "I wonder" questions that he could not answer for me. :o) I recall many, "Why don't you ask that board?" replies from him.

Some very interesting things I have learned:
Holy moly, there are a lot of acronyms on baby boards!
  Your temperature has a lot to do with when you can become pregnant.
 You can actually drink for about 2 weeks after conception since you don't share a blood supply. I wouldn't, but it's interesting.
Saliva can kill sperm.
 There are many types of crazy when it comes to trying to conceive a baby.

Your imagination can certainly run wild when you start to think about what could be once you decide you want to start trying.

Right now, I will continue to imagine and bother my dear, dear husband with my hopeful, loud, obvious sighs that mean, "I can't wait until we have a baby." And he knows exactly what I mean when I do this sigh, so he rolls his eyes and smiles and says, "Ugggh, oh my gosh." And I'm pretty sure that when he does that, he's saying, "Yeah, me too." Even though he's being macho and manly and pretending to make fun of me.


So here I am. Making a blog so I can both record the events of the time of my life to come and to preoccupy myself in this waiting game called baby making. Happy reading to you and happy writing to me.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get pregnant soon! I look forward to seeing "I got a BFP" on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from PT...just thought I would introduce myself..I am well past the baby making stage...but love reading about and cheering on others!

    ReplyDelete