Sunday, May 22, 2011

Holy Sh*t That Hurt!!!!

It was so nice out today, so D and I were doing a lot of yard work. D was fixing the deck and I was doing flowers.

So I finished my stuff and was cleaning up. As I walked into the backyard when...... OUCH!!!!
I looked down and a NAIL WAS STICKING OUT OF MY FOOT! My flip flop was nailed to my foot!!

I pulled it out and ran to the deck to sit down. Did I mention the screaming to hubs "We need to go to the hospital!!!!! I need a tetnis shot!!!!!" My lovely husband calmly reminded me that I had the shot for work last year. He then directed me to the bathroom where I continued to hyperventilate and he suggested I wash my foot.

D called his parents and we drove to their house for peroxide since we didn't have any. Thank God my friend is nurse and she pointed me in the right direction on what to do, also.

Now here I sit, bandaid on foot, ice recently removed from foot, and tylenol on hand. So lesson learned, if you have to get stabbed by a nail do not get stabbed in the foot. It really hurts to walk.

I hope my principal okays me wearing tennis shoes tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. ouch! Thankfully you had and didn't have to get a tetnus shot...that would have been the pits!

    ReplyDelete